This policy describes how personal data and privacy is managed and protected to meet our own data protection expectations as well as comply with:
- The UK law <see here>; and
- The EU regulations for data protection in the form of the UK GDPR.
This policy outlines CyberSolace’s commitment to:
- Comply with data protection law and follow good practice.
- Protect the rights of clients and site visitors.
- Maintaining transparency about how we store and process individuals’ data.
- Protect itself and its data subjects from the risks of a data breach.
In the course of normal business operation we typically collect information such as
i) Website visitors:
- Transient information about your visits to and use of our website. Which may include visitor ip address, ip geographical location, browser type and version inferred from the webpage requests metadata as well as operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths;
- Information that you voluntarily provide to us for the purpose of:
- general enquiries via our contact form,
- newletter subscription
- use of any of our online tools which require a registration process which covers names, email address and job roles.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER:
Information we gather via our website or directly from our clients we use to understand their needs and provide a better service. In particular:
- To maintain analytics information about our website visitors statistics and which pages they visit on our website.
- To maintain records of any online assessments that our customers may have voluntarily opted to use through our online tools.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
At present our website uses local Google Analytics cookies for the purpose of analysing website visitors statistics. The cookies used are i) _ga_VVE0NC519B; and ii) _ga. Descriptions of those cookies can be found <here>. The cookies are First Party and contain only anonymised identifiers. Website visitors can disable the cookies via their browser if they so wished without any loss of functionality.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. To outline some of the measures we use:
- Stringent logical access controls. Including use of strong authentication mechanisms and strong passwords.
- Use of application firewalls to protect the website.
- Regular review of system security configuration.
- Regularly updated Anti-malware controls on website systems and end-user devices.
- Implementation of need-to-know principles.
- Staff awareness and vetting.
- Careful selection and use of web hosting supplier that complies with EU GDPR regulations and is hosted in the Google Cloud Data Centres in Eemshaven Netherlands.
- Regular data backups of systems.
- No storing/porting of client data on any personal portable storage media.
- Periodic technical testing of our website and its subsystems to ensure ongoing uphold of security posture.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR INFORMATION:
This part is simple in our case. We DO NOT and WOULD NOT illicitly sell, share, disclose or lease your personal information to any third party whatsoever.
If you have any concerns about your data or believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible through our enquiry form in the contact page on this website. We will promptly address any concerns or observations.